– Broadcasting from the Sundance Film Festival, we are joined by three guests who personally battled with DuPont and are featured in the new documentary called “The Devil We Know,” that looks at how former DuPont employees, residents and lawyers took on the chemical giant to expose the danger of the chemical C8, found in Teflon and countless household products—from stain- and water-resistant apparel to microwave popcorn bags to dental floss. The chemical has now been linked to six diseases, including testicular and kidney cancers. We speak with Bucky Bailey, whose mother worked in the Teflon division of a DuPont plant in West Virginia while she was pregnant with him, and who was born with only one nostril and a deformed eye and has undergone more than 30 surgeries to fix the birth defects; Joe Kiger, lead plaintiff in a class action lawsuit against DuPont, and a school teacher in Parkersburg, West Virginia, who suffered from liver disease; and Rob Bilott, the attorney that brought DuPont to court.
Democracy Now! is an independent global news hour that airs weekdays on nearly 1,400 TV and radio stations Monday through Friday. Watch our livestream 8-9AM ET:
Please consider supporting independent media by making a donation to Democracy Now! today:
FOLLOW DEMOCRACY NOW! ONLINE:
Xem thêm bài viết khác: https://winrar.vn/tin-hot
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Địa chỉ Opal City ở đâu? Có nên mua ngay hôm nay?
- Ơn Giời Cậu Đây Rồi Mùa 7: #1 Lý Nhã Kỳ đưa tiền Trấn Thành đi đường quyền, HuyR nhận mình "tím lịm"
- TROLLS WORLD TOUR | OFFICIAL TRAILER
- Phân Tích Kỹ Thuật Forex Ngày 25/05 | GIÁ CẢ BIẾN ĐỘNG NHIỀU CẶP NÊN MUA VÀ BÁN TRONG PHIÊN ĐẦU TUẦN
- Virus corona ngày 25/5 | Tin covid-19 Việt Nam | Đại dịch Viêm Phổi Vũ Hán | Tình hình dịch corona